Assessing the best Pokemon of all time

best-pokemon-of-all-time.jpg

Fans of the gaming genre have never had it so good, particularly in 2021, as advancements continue to sweep through the gaming world and enable us, as consumers, to access better consoles and more graphically advanced games in the process. Games like Destiny, Fortnite, PUBG, FIFA, Among Us and a whole host of others have made a mark on their respective gaming devices. One game that has had huge success on mobile lately has been Pokemon Go.

When assessing the gaming devices of today, the options have increased extensively. As well as gaming on consoles, the modern-day gamer is turning to their smartphone devices to access a wide variety of releases. Alongside the likes of Pragmatic Play's Wolf Gold slot game and other popular smartphone creations like Among Us, games like the aforementioned Pokemon Go and its augmented reality feature have truly changed the smartphone gaming space. Some fans of the franchise might have first tasted it during their younger days playing games like Pokemon Red and Blue on the Game Boy, while others have got the Pokemon bug after trying Pokemon Go for the first time on mobile.

As a result, characters from the franchise have left a lasting impression on the game's community of fans. Trainers regularly snap up merchandise, and even pop stars like Katy Perry have released a single called "Electric" in celebration of Pokemon's 25 anniversary. With a number of Pokemon winning over people in either cards, games, movies, comics, and other miscellaneous forms of media, we thought we'd go through some of the best of them.

Blissey

A real nuisance on a Pokemon Go gym, Blissey made its debut in 1999 and hasn't looked back since after being regarded as one of the trickiest customers to beat in numerous versions of the game. Having the highest possible Hit Points from the series, Blissey can stand up to almost any attack and offer numerous effective onslaughts of its own. A tough Pokemon to beat, Blissey's rounded pink design and smiley face make it a likeable Normal-type.

Garchomp

A much-loved pseudo-legendary with versatility being its main strength, Garchomp is a dragon that can do pretty much anything barring the super-effective moves some Trainers can't resist. A valuable Pokemon in any team since its introduction in Generation IV, Garchomp is a tough customer and has the appearance of a fierce competitor.

Gengar

Who doesn't love Gengar, right? A popular character from the Game Boy days of the game, this original Ghost-type is a favourite for many fans of the franchise. A common merchandise design being depicted on bags and cuddly toys, Gengar does have a weak defence but makes up for it massively with its impressive array of attacking moves. A Pokemon character fit for any Halloween occasion, we couldn't leave Gengar off the list.

pokemon-gengar.jpg

Mewtwo

When you think of Pokemon, Pikachu immediately springs to mind. Following closely behind, though, is Mewtwo and its tough challenge. A mightily powerful little rodent, Mewtwo is a dominant force in most Pokemon games and has graced the big screens on numerous occasions also. One of the most fearsome Pokemon ever created, Mewtwo is a beast.

Charizard

One of the favourites from the original trilogy, Charizard is a prominent character in the anime version of Pokemon and puts up a solid fight in a number of the games too. A stunningly designed dragon boasting devastating power, it is the only Pokemon to have two Mega evolutions. A favourite with so many, Charizard is a true great.

Honourable mentions must also go to Suicune, Rayquaza, Blaziken, Greninja, Decidueye, Wobbuffet, Jigglypuff, Venusaur, Dragonite, Snorlax, Exeggutor and Gyarados.

I used to watch the TV series on Sky, and Brock would crack me up. I even used to collect the trading cards, with the holographic ones referred to as "shineys" or something. But after a while, it got repetitive as hell. I mean, Team Rocket's intro took up like 2 minutes of the, what? 20 minutes run-time? I was like, oh my God, they're becoming so annoying.

But after I got into Resident Evil, I just lost interest completely. I cannot even remember the last time I watched any episodes of it.

I loved the original Pokemon franchise. The Gameboy games, the TV show and the trading card games.

I could still happily play the original games today.

I don't have the patience for the newer iterations, although the "lets go" range are not too bad.

Love this article. Thank you for sharing it. I do love all the Pokemon's in that list especially Mewtwo!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back