427 votes and 352 comments so far on Reddit
OP from reddit :
There was a new 4chan leak yesterday that I shared to the AC subreddit, and just found out about this sub so decided to share here as well. Obviously take with a grain of salt.
/v/ - Assassins Creed Ragnarok News - Video Games - 4chan
- Title of the next game is Ragnarok, codenamed Kingdom
- Will launch on Xbox One, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X
- Officially announced in february at the upcoming playstation event, release date September 29th, 2020.
- Up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op like Ghost Recon wildlands.
- Player can only play as a single character, Jora, who can be chosen to be male or female.
- Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op.
- Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
- Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.- Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.
- Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded
- Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
- Sailing returns is less combat intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands
- Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations
- The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab
- Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.- Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.
- Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.
- Conquest battles return to help capture some settlements from templars and players can approach them in a variety of ways.
- Players can also find battles between warring kingdoms occurring dynamically throughout the world.
- Multiple settlements throughout the world can be captured and controlled for trade and currency gains
- Players can organize large scale raids of forts and cities with nearby viking camps, wait for their own raids, or go in by themselves.
- The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as odin sight
- Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
- Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
- Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.
- The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.
- Game begins in 845 CE at the siege of Paris with you playing as Jora’s father, Rorik who’s an ally of the viking leader Ragnar.
- We next cut to 863 as the teenage Jora living in Novagrad?. Eventually we meet assassins and are sent to deliver a package to Ragnar in Uppsala.
- Jora becomes a thane to Ragnar allowing the settlement system and we then follow him to northumbria where the templar Aella kills Ragnar.
- Jora returns to Ragnars sons where the army is formed to combat the templars that control most of europe
- We follow most of the invasion and war, becoming allies with Alfred, conquer kiev, help rollo in normandy, and overthrow fat charles in france.
- Then a templar named Bjorn has an eden piece that’s like a knife that gives him control over vikings and tries to invade england again (idk what this is, google translate may be screwing up).
- Then we kill Bjorn in a temple and give his knife to his mother’s who’s ragnar’s ex?
- Also there are a ton of temples that are each protected by a mythical beast like a giant snake, a dragon, kraken, and a giant
New leak suggests Assassin's Creed Ragnarok is cross-gen, co-op, and contains the biggest open world yet
This latest Assassin's Creed Ragnarok leak is so detailed, it's hard not to take it at face value