Are you an impulsive video games buyer?

Jedi

Trophies
I know I am. If I see a game I like, I buy it despite the fact I have a huge backlog and probably won't get the chance to play it before it goes on sale. Do you also have this problem? If you did and don't anymore, how did you overcome it?

Not extremely but I am a tiny bit impulsive when I run out of games to play and am looking for something new. Luckily, I've not been too impulsive over the past few months otherwise I would have spent way too much

I used to purchase a lot of android games but these days I am holding out on my purchases. And thinking that I should be investing only in the strong games. I do however some of the time purchase those simple games or games in the promotion category of the Google play store. Just to review some of them.

I can be, its why I need to stay out of game stores and off of ebay, my poor backlog can swell no more.

Yes, especially when there's a digital sale on PS Store.. ?

Must.. resist.. further.. purchases.

Not really. I won't buy a Resident Evil game if it looks terrible. I did purchase Umbrella Corps and it looks awful, and plays bad too. I never bought Book of Memories for Silent Hill. I've never owned a PSP Vita, and it didn't look good at all. So, I skipped it.

I used to purchase a lot of android games but these days I am holding out on my purchases. And thinking that I should be investing only in the strong games. I do however some of the time purchase those simple games or games in the promotion category of the Google play store. Just to review some of them.
I used to be like this a few years back. But the problem is, I would end up regretting the purchases after playing them for a bit. Luckily, Android offers a 1 hour refund policy which is great.

Kind of, I more bad for really enjoying a game and then purchasing so many in game cosmetics for it.

I've literally spent so much onLeague of Legends were talking over the several years I've been playing it, in excess of $10,000 but I've been playing it a long time.

I'll go all out on a game that I love but I'm not as quick to drop money on a game upfront unless I know for sure I'm going to love it. There's nothing I hate more than paying a huge chunk for a game and then not enjoying it and feeling like I've total;y wasted both time and money that I'll never get back.

I used to be like this a few years back. But the problem is, I would end up regretting the purchases after playing them for a bit. Luckily, Android offers a 1 hour refund policy which is great.
I was not aware of the 1 hour refund policy. I recently wasted money on this deceptive game where they kind of ask you to buy the additional stuff from the game and takes you to google play wallet. I accidentally made the purchase and ignored it that time. This refund policy is good.

I believe it's automated for an hour (I believe it's an hour) and then after that, as long as you quickly email them, they will still manually refund you if you give them a somewhat valid reason. It's also sometimes eligible for in-app purchases.

Sometimes I can be. I've bought a few games completely on impulse before, but a lot of the time they actually turn out to be good games. I bought ObsCure and Yakuza on PS2 back in the day completely on Impulse and they turned out to be some of my favorite games of all time. :)

To a degree I am, I know whenever I visit my town centre and walk past CEX I will generally walk in giving it the old "only popping in for a quick look" and instead I come out with 3 or 4 games that I probably never would've played before just because they were like £2 each. It's nice to have a big stack of XBOX games at the ready to play but it's also depressing when I know that all I ever do is play one game religiously until my mind gets numb and then swap to another one and repeat. Generally I never swap over to these new ones but my established faves. But hey, one day I will get around to playing the random Lara Croft I recently got lol.

I may consider buying some games in bundle during the Christmas. I am trying to save cash as of now. And hoping that things would change a bit ahead and hoping it won't be that bad so far for pocket.

I've drastically reduce the amount of time that I spend on buying new games especially when I have not gotten any useful user review from any gamer that has tried it out.

The marketing aspect of new games will make it look like the best, but you always get to see that it is not so with many once you buy and start playing it.

I wouldn't say I am an impulse buyer when it comes to games, no. I have always been one to watch my money if I am honest and because of that I tend to have strong will power when it comes to purchasing games. With me having so many games I have not completed as well I guess that also pushes me away from actually impulse buying. I often ask myself "would I really play this and do I really need to buy it" often the answer is no so I click off or walk away and forget about it.

I think it all depends on the game. Some of the time I don't mind spending money if I have something to spend on. And if the game is good. Most of the time that does not happen. It's hard to find good games as it is as well.

Yeah, if I had the spare cash, I'd be an impulsive buyer - much like I am with web development stuff. I mean, some games, like say: Super Mario Galaxy, have such a good image around them - as well as being particular to my tastes, that I just can't resist buying on the spot; I wouldn't want to wait for the price to go down or for it to be used.

Anyway, I might do the same for a riskier game (Iv'e done similar many times for web development things.) - and that could be a problem if low on cash. I mean, why waste rent money on a bunch of risky games? However, though, this scenario hasn't come up because I'm still in the process of getting a new console and TV.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back