Discussion Are you able to control your anger and frustration while gaming?

22_22

Newcomer
Trophies
Gaming can be a very enjoyable experience but also very stressful and annoying at the same time. I used to get so angry playing FIFA that I had to play some relaxing music to calm me down, as it was so unhealthy shouting and getting angry all the time. I am quite a relaxed person nowadays but I am sure gaming that often would bring that side of me out.

So what is your anger and frustration like during gaming and are you able to control it well?

It depends. If there are any external things that affects my frustration and the mind. Then controlling the anger may not be easy. But when you have a lot of things going on in life then you cant really do about it. I'd say that in such case the anger and frustration needs to be addressed via some medical help.

Yes, then again I'm a person who does like anyone else but doesn't show or tends to keep myself chill. Got to be when streaming. I might go a little crazy but in a good crazy silly way then I just go LOL and laugh it out. End of the day hackers and trolls in gaming will be a thing and you have to expect that.

Shooting games yes, get allot of it. But Me who does flight sims, nope. Apart from sim crash or aircraft crashed LOL after 6 hours flight.

Only if the failure seems like it was something that was my fault. If I died because of poor programming, I am just disappointed. But if I die because I lack skill, then I get frustrated with myself. I do a set of push ups each time I die in a game and this not only physically vents the frustration, but also it reinforces not to die next time. Plus I guess I build muscles, too.

I've never thrown a controller or done any damage to anything because of games. But there are several games that has made me frustrated and angry (especially COD and FIFA).

I was pretty bad when I was younger, as I grew up I got better at managing my rage, since I had to start replacing things I broke :p

I was pretty bad when I was younger, as I grew up I got better at managing my rage, since I had to start replacing things I broke :p
I too have my side of the rage moments. And the thing is that it is pretty hard to control the rage. I mean with whatever the world has gone through in these times. I do feel the rage. It's good that we have games otherwise there is no way to get the rage out of the head.

The rage and anger is part of the fun
If you are screaming on people or breaking stuff while raging on a game - that's a problem, but if you just swearing and bitchin' on a game itself, that's alright.

I used to slap my mouae against my desk when I would get mad haha. I was a brat back them.

I have never been one to throw my things around, I care too much about them. The maddest I ever go is I shout b*llshit out load haha.

You were way better than I was. I was kind of a dick to my stuff haha.

I definitely suffer game rage. Don't break things but certainly go into a swear marathon of swear-combos.

The rage and anger is part of the fun
If you are screaming on people or breaking stuff while raging on a game - that's a problem, but if you just swearing and bitchin' on a game itself, that's alright.
Yeah it can be fun until it turns into the anxiety and also heart beat increases in such context. I prefer to avoid the rage for this reason. I think it can be pretty bad for the health too.

Yeah swearing's normal though but I don't understand smashing a pad up lol

I've definitely gotten angry and/or frustrated while playing again--especially if I was struggling to be a boss or a level. I'm not one who gets to the point of throwing the controller or anything like that though. Even when I was younger, I had enough control not to do that. Sure, I curse and threaten the game, but I don't actually do anything. I try again or I take a break and come back to it.

I don't really rage against competitive multiplayer, or even really single player. However, when it's clear that the game, console, or my controller is acting up, I CANNOT STAND IT. I'll be brief:

I got the itch to start another Sekiro playthrough. my Xbox One is original, so you know it's on its last legs. The game isn't running great, inconsistent frames, etc. I get to the first Ogre and my SUMBITCHING RB starts going out. I almost took a hammer to the damn thing, I'm so fed up with Microsoft's controller quality.

I have my moments, but then again, I take out my frustration by destroying the enemy with my Mega Buster!

This isn't an issue if you don't play games which cause stress and anger. I like my games to be relaxing. Real life holds enough stress for me.

Whenever I get frustrated, I'll just quit playing for a while and go do something else that is relaxing or a lot calmer (like reading). But I've never broken anything while playing.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back