Are some games 'too easy'?

Jayson

Trophies
I mean, the first Mario Bros from the 80s can be finished by an adult in 1 hour - maybe 3 at the most. Of course, with the max number that might be exaggerating!

It depends on the genre and the target audience, I think. You can't please everyone, but games tend to have a primary demographic that they're trying to target. I wouldn't put Bloodborne-level difficulty in a game that's mostly geared towards younger kids or older folks who might just be looking for something casual and relaxing to play in their off-time.

But if you're trying to cater to hardcore gamers who expect the grind, there is definitely such a thing as too easy. This is especially true in a world with the internet providing tips for playthroughs and other means to speed up the game in case you get stuck.

I guess it depends on the person playing. Sucks to be me because I don't remember if I actually finished Mario Bros on my Game Boy. :ROFLMAO:

I guess it depends on the person playing. Sucks to be me because I don't remember if I actually finished Mario Bros on my Game Boy. :ROFLMAO:

Same for me, I actually think I didn't finish it...

Let's just say I was too young ???

I guess it really depends, but sometimes I do think that some games are significantly easier now. You challenge kids these days to play Super Mario World and they fail miserably! That's one of the main reasons why I really enjoyed playing Cuphead, that game was actually challenging.

There are games I played when a bit younger and today, I find them mildly difficult. I guess it depends on which phase of life a person is.

I agree that Mario is an easy game but this game is one of the best because it marked the begging of online gaming for me. An easy game for me is Roblox, too easy for me I usually end a map in 20 minutes.

there's a lot of them especially from less-known productions, i've played some games and stoped in the middle of it cuz it just feels pointless, if there is no difficulty there is no adrenaline, then there is no fun, but it could be that i'm just too good of a player hhh JK.

I think that video games have gotten progressively more difficult. It makes sense, technology has advanced a lot since the '80s.

Yes Mario Bros is an easy game when you're an adult but my 8 year old son can't finish it at all. So, I say, level of difficulty is different for everyone. What is difficult for you may not be difficult for others and vice versa.

There are games that really are so easy. But I believe hate there shouldn't be a very easy game for you. You should level up change the difficulty of it. The best option is you should change your game.

I think it depends on the person that is playing the game .There are some games that is easy for other people but not for me. There are also some games that is easy for me but not for other people.

It sucks because I can't even remember if I finished an easy game because I easily stop and switch over to a harder and challenging one. :ROFLMAO:

I mean, the first Mario Bros from the 80s can be finished by an adult in 1 hour - maybe 3 at the most. Of course, with the max number that might be exaggerating!
I think my cousins who are veterans in playing Super Mario games can finish it even less than an hour. I really admire their prowess in playing this game.

There are games that really are so easy. But I believe hate there shouldn't be a very easy game for you. You should level up change the difficulty of it. The best option is you should change your game.
I remembered playing the game Farmville. It was a very easy and fun game for me.

I used to play with Super Mario games in my younger days. It was always a kiosk between me and my cousins but I have fun memory with it. I think classifying a game whether difficult or easy will depend on the gamer. We all know that games is designed to challenge us mentally. It depends on the gamer how he will cope with the challenges.

I think the level of difficulty varies depending on the genre as well as the targeted audience and playerbase, but i do agree find that some games can be a tad bit easy

I think easy games like plants versus zombies are games played even by my nephew. My nephew is just 5 years old yet he knows how to play it.

Exactly, there are some games that are too easy to make any sense to me why the programmers designed the game in such manner.

There is one android mobile game called 300 Sparta, it's by far the most easiest video game I have ever played and I never cared to replay it again because it's too cheap to waste my time on it.

Yes. I think that some games are too easy and the programmers were just after money. Instead of wasting your time on such games, it would be ideal to invest in a worthwhile game which will challenge you and at the same time fine tune your cognitive abilities.

Yes. I think that some games are too easy and the programmers were just after money. Instead of wasting your time on such games, it would be ideal to invest in a worthwhile game which will challenge you and at the same time fine tune your cognitive abilities.

I
Easy games are not worth playing for any reason whatsoever, at least not for great gamers who look at facing good challenges with the game they are playing.

When it's too easy to play and win, what's the fun in the game? Absolutely nothing.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back