Are some games 'too easy'?

I think easy games like plants versus zombies are games played even by my nephew. My nephew is just 5 years old yet he knows how to play it.
I used to play with plants versus zombies and it kills my time. I am well entertained with that game and I like to listen on the zombies voices especially when it says "brains". ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) It's funny and it drives me crazy. It's a survival game and you need to know every strategies to defeat the zombies. Each level signifies endurance of techniques and entertainment. It keeps my mind active and alert.

Can I say a joke and claim that Dark Souls were easy? Honestly, the recent easiest game for me was RE2 Remake. And I played it on the hardcore version.

Yes. There are so many lately and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed and feel bad about.
A game which isn't challenging at all, isn't fun.
For instance, Call Of Duty: Black Opps III which has a realistic difficult mode for camping in whereby one bullet-shot counts as death. Anyway, some gamers do prefer titles with higher learning curves that force players to think more strategically, whereas some others will just want to speedrun every game at the lowest difficulty. Both are fine – everybody is entitled to their own preferences.
I'd propose gamers who would want to try on easy games to try Batman, The Witcher 3, NFS Underground, the old Hitman game -Blood Money.

Yes, some are quite easy indeed. I have to agree with Alania, I didn't play RE2 remaster, but saw others do it, and boy it was easy.

Some games are made to be easy to play because it is for kids. Example of these games are tetris, plants vs zombies, sims, etc. But now the new games are commonly made to play by at least teenagers

Some games are made to be easy to play because it is for kids. Example of these games are tetris, plants vs zombies, sims, etc. But now the new games are commonly made to play by at least teenagers

True. Some kids can't cope with too complications in some high level games. They need something that is within there brain level of processing capacity.

Most offline games are easy and played by kids. And also I think it depends on the person's desire and capability. But for me, I prefer to play games that has challenges and pays real money.
Not necessary. Return to Castle Wolfestein had one game which was pretty difficult. And then new games on that franchise are not easy either. Most of the offline games can be hard as the multiplayer games. I personally have preferred those campaign based gameplay. And I found many of them pretty difficult.

I guess it depends on the person playing. Sucks to be me because I don't remember if I actually finished Mario Bros on my Game Boy. :ROFLMAO:

I am on the same boat so maybe it is true that it really depends on the player. Aside from the player's capability, his/her interest is also a big factor. There are games that is so easy for me yet it seems hard for my friends while they are good on games which I am not good at.

I think there is this ongoing trend for games to be much easier to play to cater a wider audience. With games being readily accessible to everyone, game companies encourages (and maybe forces) game developers to make the games easier to play and understand for new gamers. This is far too evident on android games which is filled with simplistic-looped games.

Can I say a joke and claim that Dark Souls were easy? Honestly, the recent easiest game for me was RE2 Remake. And I played it on the hardcore version.
I think RE2 remake was made for scare factor rather than difficulty. They made environment engine look better. Also they wanted to let the users explore more. And so they ended up making things easy. If they were to make zombies like trains to bhusan. I think that would have caused more issues for gamers and it'd have been difficult.

I think it depends on the person's skills and on the genre of the game. It would also be easy if it was modded or has cheats on it. I usually play games with cheats on it since I don't actually care about the thrill on how I'm gonna solve the game, I just wanna see what would happen in the end of the game.

I do not believe any game is too easy because easy games to some might be difficult for others. Depends on the type of game it is and how invested in the game you are.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back