Are some games 'too easy'?

Most offline games are easy and played by kids. And also I think it depends on the person's desire and capability. But for me, I prefer to play games that has challenges and pays real money.

Most offline games are easy and played by kids. And also I think it depends on the person's desire and capability. But for me, I prefer to play games that has challenges and pays real money.

Exactly! I completely agree with you on this about stating that most offline games are pretty easy to play and compete. It's practically designed that way to encourage people to play it.

Yeah, some games can be way to easy. Especially older ones where you can use cheatcodes.

At the moment, Pokemon X would be the easiest game I played.

I never liked that game Pokémon X. I gave it a try a few times but it never synchronized with my gaming mindset, so I had to let it go.

For me playing games nowadays are much more easier through, because of the help they could easily find in the internet. You could easily search how to beat a game, there are tutorial and tips that can be learn. Especially there is YouTube, it offers you a lot of when you need help, like if there is a game level that you can't progress to, just search for the game and there will be many videos for you that you can watch and learn how to progress on that game.

It actually depends on the level of technology. I remember in the late 80s when a floppy disk would only have a pingpong type of game and that was it. Then I remember playing tetris next in black and white. Pacman was more sophisticated and then you had the early races f1. Now these games are classified as vintage but without them there wouldn't have been the more sophisticated or difficult games of today.

I think this question has a very complex answer because everything will depend on the context. Each player has a differentiated perception about what is or is not difficult in relation to each game.

At the the end, if I say that one game is easy and another player says that the same is difficult... This only shows that we have two different realities (no right or wrong here, only two different points of view).

In my opinion, the new games coming out these days are easier compared to how games were made years before. I think this is because they focus more on how good a game would look rather than how challenging it would be to play. They also seem to focus more on microtransactions which can get really annoying.

Some games can be more difficult if you play secret level or get extra points. Donkey Kong is that way. However, it's pretty tough - even without that stuff.

True. We can never love them all or play them all. It's all about getting to stick with the one we find ourselves being connected to.
Ahem to that. Sort of wish more people would learn for that quote.

Ahem to that. Sort of wish more people would learn for that quote.

Haha! They are definitely going to be learning that knowingly or unknowingly once they realize that they simply can't have it all, they would know it's not for them in that particular game.

There are a couple of factors involved. For example, target users for the game and the player. If the game is aimed at adults, it might be complicated to solve for the kids, and the adults might easily excel the game meant for the kids.

People are challenged by different things. I can play an RTS all day, but hand me a shooter and I’m pretty dang useless. Some games are easy, but it’s important for people to have a place to start. Sure I could crush Super Mario Brothers today, but I was a little kid when it came out. Gaming back then was more like toy marketing and made for kids.

I think lot of times the game developers just want to put the game in the market. And they don't want to bring anything new to the table. They are kind of learning from success story of another game and they want to compete in same space. Like there are many angry birds clones after learning the original developers who made money. So that's why games are not new these days in concept and often easy.

easy games are too boring to play .. they don't have any excitement and adventurous.It's looks like just wasting your time without proper achievement of the game.

Haha! They are definitely going to be learning that knowingly or unknowingly once they realize that they simply can't have it all, they would know it's not for them in that particular game.
Yeah, though there will be rage on their end.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back