Discussion Are gaming forums dying?

One thing that I forgot to mention is that most forums are desktop web based vs people in this generation would rather use an app feature on the cell phone. It is really hard to beat that so if the forum isn't app based where someone can reach it directly with a phone, most people will not give it a chance.
Yeah I agree. Everyone finds it easy to just surf on their mobile. Although, I do like how this website is mobile friendly but I can see that most people would prefer to use an app instead.

I am getting broadband installed soon. And to be honest, I think I will just be sticking to watching movies, playing games, and stuff that's essential. Forums are not that busy any more, so getting anybody to chime in is tremendously unlikely in this day of age, unless as I said, you go on busy sites like GameFAQs.

That's just not recommended. You're gonna soon find out it's a complete waste of your time.

I just read somewhere that the EuroGamer forum has shut down. It’s sites like these that give in to the likes of Discord and social media. I think there’ll always be a place for forums as long as the members with it in keep it going.

Trolling will be enough to keep new potential users away and eventually it will kill all forums
Internet with anonymous users equals trolling, simple enough

I see it more as forums committing suicide than any blame on unrelated social media apps

There's this Australian guy I know, who clearly has no life. He uses many accounts to be annoying. He spams on forums with no active moderators, says all this crap about me, and posts my address online.

He isn't very bright, however. I found out who he is. But this is certainly why forums should always have people to maintain them.

I don't think gaming forums are dying out as such but I think it's way harder for gaming forums to establish themselves though due to how social media has taken off so much.

Linear discussion is slow and not as engaging compared to say Twitter with instant communication.

If I must be honest here I am new to the forum and was invited by the very polite creator.
So far I have had more interaction on here than social media.
I tried social media and I am really not a fan of it, it seems more about the cool groups and the more ignorant stuff you post the more attention you get. Really just not for me but I know with me saying that I am out of the loop.

If I must be honest here I am new to the forum and was invited by the very polite creator.
So far I have had more interaction on here than social media.
I tried social media and I am really not a fan of it, it seems more about the cool groups and the more ignorant stuff you post the more attention you get. Really just not for me but I know with me saying that I am out of the loop.
Yeah I don’t use Facebook much nor do I use Twitter because it’s very clicky. I prefer forums like this where I can engage with other like-minded people without having to worry about how many friends, likes or followers I get.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back