Arcade Gaming

Jayson

It seems so nostalgic and vintage that it's comical. I mean, where do we hear about it - Wayne's World (the movie)? :D Anyway, it seems silly that kids would pump so much money (coins etc..) into stuff that is practically free now (ratio-wise). O.K. who remembers the scene on Wayne's World where Noah Vanderhoff (the pompous gaming millionaire) makes fun of it?

Now, here is something cool. Now there are mini-arcade games being sold. The price is around $300 in the US - and they can be found at Wal-Mart. Anyone know of other places?

Reactions: Barida

Nova

My personal approach is installing the DOSBOX and then install those arcade games. That seems to be the way it worked out for most of the arcade. Here's one of the game that I recently played with DOSBOX.

Barida

Wow! That's pretty a whole lot of money to pump into the a game. I play the claw machines and Mortal Kombat 2 for free back then. I have really missed the game that I somehow wish it is still free at the moment.

Nova

I don't think the price tag of the 300 dollars or more is worth it. I mean those who can afford surely may want to buy it. But overall I don't see logical to spend that much money. But some gamers can afford owning some of those type of the rigs and they may buy it for nostalgia for sure.

My personal approach is installing the DOSBOX and then install those arcade games. That seems to be the way it worked out for most of the arcade. Here's one of the game that I recently played with DOSBOX.
oh that is awesome! Never knew about that but will be looking into it. :)