Apple will Ruin Console Gaming

Demon_skeith

Trophies

Apple store is the only way (legally) to get apps onto your iphone, what if a court were to rule that to be illegal? Where would that leave Sony and Nintendo who have similar online stores (PSN/eshop)?

I don't think that a company having it's own ecosystem is a bad thing really - it's probably a better thing in some circumstances but I suppose that's all down to what you believe and how you want things to be. If PlayStation have their own shop, then so be it - I can buy the games elsewhere still though. In the case of Apple, that's where I would draw the line a little bit. It's annoying when things are 'exclusive' to somewhere. Like I said, I can buy a PS game from the PSN store or I can hop down to my local supermarket or I can add to my basket on Amazon. Have your own store in those circumstances but if you're feeling a little 'Apple-esqe' style ecosystem, then no thanks.

I agree, I rather Sony be in charge of their own store where as a 3rd party may mess things up.

Apple has never really ruled or ruined any market. They released mobile phones and their UI was mimicked by android and others. And things just continued. So it never really something that will be ruined by apple. At the most they will bring expensive market competitor.

Apple has never really ruled or ruined any market. They released mobile phones and their UI was mimicked by android and others. And things just continued. So it never really something that will be ruined by apple. At the most they will bring expensive market competitor.

It would be fair to say Apple ruled the fashion and exclusive market really.

Yes they kind of ruled the market like the way rolceroyce and other big brands do in the auto market. I guess they are more of premium brands for the console gaming. Apple may not sustain the demanding gaming community with their locked in hardware.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back