News Apple Store and Google Play remove Fortnite

Bunker Hosting

Newcomer
Trophies
What does everyone think about Apple and Google both removing Fortnite from their app stores due to breaching TOS by offering 20% cheaper transaction when paying directly to Epic games, instead of using Apples payment method. For those who don't know, any ingame purchases done through apps installed via the playstore or Apple Store are subject to a 30% cut going directly to the app store (Apple/Google tax).

It seems Epic games had prepared for this from the start, because as soon as they were booted from the app stores; Fortnite filed a massive lawsuit against both Apple and Google. As well as began running a "meme" commerical, which is basically the same has Apples icon 1984 commerical.

Do fellow JoyFreaks think it is time to stand up to the app store monopolies, or do you think the Apple/Google "tax" are fair? It seems they do not apply these rules fairly to everyone, or many apps have come up with work arounds. EXAMPLE: You can watch Netflix via the App, but cannot start a subscription.

My autistic nephew watches it on YouTube. I think he plays it too, and he cusses other players. He ended up picking up bad vulgar language from the various streamers he watches, so I think my sister should only let him access the YouTube app that's fine for children. Not the regular, heavily unmoderated version.

My autistic nephew watches it on YouTube. I think he plays it too, and he cusses other players. He ended up picking up bad vulgar language from the various streamers he watches, so I think my sister should only let him access the YouTube app that's fine for children. Not the regular, heavily unmoderated version.
I agree that that isn't good. At the same time, what he is likely hearing is nothing compared to an old Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 lobby.
I think the problem is parents don't even know what they are letting there kids watch, therefore they have no idea what they could be listening too. Parents teach their kids to watch youtube for the games they don't allow them to play, dont have, etc..

Parents really should be teaching kids how much you can learn from Youtube, you can literally learn whatever you want... Parents are quick to throw Youtube or the internet in general under the bus, but it is because they were never taught how to properly use it either.

It is the information super highway, not just social media and cat videos!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back