News Apple, preparing a portable hybrid console, like the Switch

Nightrider

Trophies
Apple-ARM-based-console-740x372.jpg

The new Apple TV 4K with its A12 Bionic was more than a letdown because we were expecting some beefy hardware, which would prove that the company is taking gaming seriously. While that is not the case, it appears that a new rumor might give us some hope, but only a little. Apparently, Apple is working on a portable hybrid console that will feature a brand new SoC, and with it, we can expect some performance improvements along the way.

Custom SoC for Rumored Portable Hybrid Console May Also Feature Ray Tracking Support​

A post spotted on the Korean community website Clien talks about Apple preparing a Switch-like console. Qualcomm was recently reported to be working on something similar, but many readers would be wondering that if Apple’s iPhone and iPad line are already touting powerful chipsets, what is the need for such a product? Overall, Apple’s mobile devices are not geared towards gamers, so even if the hardware is more than capable, iPhones and iPads are not designed to have thick internal cooling systems as Apple prioritizes a sleek form factor.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Competition is always a good thing

Apple could male the best console on the market but unless they can persuade developers to release on their platform, it would be for nothing.

I am interested in what they put out though. Curiosity.

Definitely interesting if it's true but I can't say I'm full of confidence that Apple will commit to it - who knows though!
Personally, I didn't get Stadia, so it's unlikely I'll get this either, should it ever come to fruition.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back