News Apex Legends addresses Match making issues

Nicodemous52

Trophies
I've not played the game, so I can't speak to the extent of the problem. But, the game is only a year and a half old people. League of Legends has been around for like 11 years now, and even it still has some issues with match making. But considering I've not played the game, perhaps I'm just talking out my backside and it's truly horrible.

But I suspect that it's a combination of a smaller player base, coupled with the fact that MMR (elo) systems take time to tweak into something that actually functions well.

Matchmaking has been an issue in almost every multiplayer game lately. This is because the ranking system and the available set of the players never match. And that kind of puts the system in a load where things can be pretty difficult if you ask me. So hopefully apex legends fixes this.

I wonder if it's a server to networking issue, where companies half ass it as they can't keep affording new hardware and setups?

I wonder if it's a server to networking issue, where companies half ass it as they can't keep affording new hardware and setups?
No. In real life you can't have people playing all the time. So server takes the time, and often finds the AI bot nearby the location of the users. So this way they tend to get better AI response and the enemies are also stronger. But I know from experience we don't have real players all the time.

No. In real life you can't have people playing all the time. So server takes the time, and often finds the AI bot nearby the location of the users. So this way they tend to get better AI response and the enemies are also stronger. But I know from experience we don't have real players all the time.
I hadn't even considered that, if there are tons of bots, there isn't much they can do to improve the elo system.

I hadn't even considered that, if there are tons of bots, there isn't much they can do to improve the elo system.
Yes what they will do is improve the AI. I can't imagine every nation having 24x7 players for every math that is initiated. So bots are meant to be used. Only difference is AI bots cause server usage high, which means lower latency response. and ping issues in return. so based on that I assume the matching issues will continue.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back