Question Anyway to avoid being ddosed if they already have my IP?

15conor

Trophies
My IP has been uploaded to a ddosing website and now im beinddosed out of games on Rainbow Six Seige. All the enemy haa to do is type my xbox GT into the website and it shows my IP then they boot me offline. Ive tried changing my IP but it doesnt work, A VPN wont help because they already have my IP, is there a way to prevent being ddosed again? My IP was uploaded to the website yesterday and Ive been ddosed out of a match three times already

No way out of it. You can contact the XBOX support. And also you can ask for other security professional forums on what to do in such events. 90% of the time you have to make sure your IP does not appear on the profile. And another thing is to make sure you are behind some sort of the cloudflare like server that filters such DDOS attempts.

My IP has been uploaded to a ddosing website and now im beinddosed out of games on Rainbow Six Seige. All the enemy haa to do is type my xbox GT into the website and it shows my IP then they boot me offline. Ive tried changing my IP but it doesnt work, A VPN wont help because they already have my IP, is there a way to prevent being ddosed again? My IP was uploaded to the website yesterday and Ive been ddosed out of a match three times already
You say changing your IP doesn't help as they already have your IP? How did you change your IP?
If you are only changing your private IP address (Example: 192.168.100.200) then this will have no effect as your public IP address is likely still the same. Anything connected to the internet on your home network is generally 192.168.x.x. When this address is looking for something on the internet, it actually uses a public address which is shared by every device connected to your home network.

You can google "What is my IP?" and it will let you know what your current public IP is. From here I would unplug my router before going to sleep, and leave it off overnight. When you wake up and reconnect your router you will likely be given a new public IP, but you will want to confirm this but googling "Whats my IP?" again.

It is also possible to login to your router, and disconnect from your upstream connection (Internet service provider) wait 10 minutes, then reconnect. This method may not work due to how DHCP works in handling IPs, but it definetly may work!

If you have any other questions about this feel free to ask, don't let script kiddies ruin your gaming!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back