Any opinions about this laptop?

MileyBoom

Asus ROG Zephyrus M with
Intel Core i7-8750H Processor
16GB Memory
1TB Hard disc with 256GB SSD
Nvidia Gefore GTX 1060 with 6GB DDR5
for 2000$

What are your thoughts about this laptop?
does it worth it's price?
is it good for gaming in 2019?

AstroAntics

I think it would be a great gaming laptop. 6 gigs of DDR5 VRAM is enough for most, if not all games to run 60fps on HIgh or Ultra settings. The i7 is no slouch either.

You got yourself a power house there for sure (must be nice to drop 2k on a gaming device :p )

I would look at different shopping sites and check reviews for anyone who may complain about any common hardware issues though.

Nova

Yeah at this current point, this configuration is more than enough. I mean it can play most of the modern games. More RAM is better though.

Nova

Depends on your motherboard. There are many motherboards that support Ryzen and 32 GB. Windows 10 can take upto 32GB from what I have heard.

Nova

Yes plus those who run the Virtual machine software and kubernetes, they tend to need more than 32GB based server OS. Those machines can be good for the gaming too.

Daniel

I am always hesitant with gaming laptops like this. The reason being is that the support that the manufacturers provide is usually garbage. On top of that from what I've seen from the outside from friends owning gaming laptops, they have a tendency of breaking shortly after the warranty is up. I am not saying don't get it, because those specs are pretty good, I am saying be cautious about the brand and make sure you do your research.