Anthem to receive 'substantial reinvention', says BioWare

anthem.png

Anthem will be receiving 'substantial reinvention' and 'longer-term redesign' for a better experience, BioWare confirms.

BioWare’s Casey Hudson:
Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features.

We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game. So we recognize that there’s still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion.

Over the coming months we will be focusing on a longer-term redesign of the experience, specifically working to reinvent the core gameplay loop with clear goals, motivating challenges and progression with meaningful rewards – while preserving the fun of flying and fighting in a vast science-fantasy setting. And to do that properly we’ll be doing something we’d like to have done more of the first time around – giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.
No time frame was provided for these changes but Hudson did confirm that the current version of Anthem will still remain available while the redevelopment was being performed.

Are you excited about Anthem‘s redevelopment? If not, why?

Anthem is currently available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.

I don't think they can FF 14 fix this to be honest, they should just admit this was a hot mess of a mistake and move onto other things.

I wonder if they decide to have some sort of death match and the plot based stories in side quest. I guess they have totally different take on their own anthem universe so hard to say where they go from there.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back