Animal Crossing: New Horizons Vegan Guide by PETA

Nat

Trophies
With everyone quarantined at home and on social media more than ever, by now, you’ve probably heard about Nintendo’s new game, Animal Crossing: New Horizons. This Vegan Guide to Animal Crossing: New Horizons will help answer some of the tough ethical questions that the game presents as well as give you tips on how to help real animals while living your island life.
Is fishing in Animal Crossing: New Horizons vegan?
This is a biggie. Fishing isn’t vegan! You shouldn’t fish in real life, so you shouldn’t fish in the game!
Sure, unlike in real life, the fish in Animal Crossing: New Horizons don’t feel pain, but fishing is harmful to animals and the planet. This is your island and it’s your job to protect it. Ripping the wildlife right out of their ocean homes so you can “donate” them to Blathers so he can keep them captive in tiny museum exhibits is not only cruel, but it’s bad for the environment!

In the real world, every year, anglers leave behind a trail of tackle victims that includes millions of birds, turtles, dolphins, and other animals who suffer debilitating injuries after they swallow fishhooks or become entangled in fishing lines. Wildlife rehabilitators say that discarded fishing tackle is one of the greatest threats to aquatic animals. Don’t let this happen on your island!

It’s disappointing that a game that has villagers from all different species (from elephants and ducks to deer and pigs) living and coexisting harmoniously with humans – yet fish and bugs are left out of that. Instead of being recognized as the living, breathing, feeling individuals that they are, fish and bugs are disregarded as forms of entertainment for the other villagers. Your island should be a safe space for all animals, big and small.
Is Tom Nook Exploiting you?
Tom Nook is a tanooki, a racoon dog. Racoon dogs are often killed their fur. Tom Nook’s family may have been beaten, anally electrocuted to death, gassed, or skinned alive. Cut him some slack.

end-speciesism-bulletin-in-animal-crossing-videogame.jpg

"You shouldn't fish in real life, so you shouldn't fish in the game."
I'll take slam-my-head-into-the-wall for $500, Alex.

This harkens me to my Sister who is a vegan and she occasionally forces my family to visit exclusively vegan restraunts...

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back