AMD vs. Intel: Which is better overall in 2023?

asif1aq

Banned
Trophies
I want to buy a CPU for gaming. But I don't know which one is better AMD or Intel.

I want to buy a Gaming pc

They both perform better at different tasks, but overall I'd agree and say Intel edges it

AMD is really good at handling graphics but Intel is better at handling processing speed. But Intel still always has a good dedicated graphics card which gives it an edge over AMD

AMD is really good at handling graphics but Intel is better at handling processing speed. But Intel still always has a good dedicated graphics card which gives it an edge over AMD

Do you mean integrated? A dedicated graphics card can be used on any PC, regardless of processor. :)

@zoldos is right. AMD make good APU's at comparatively low cost, that's why the console and handheld PC manufactures like them, but for a proper gaming PC you don't want to use integrated graphics (as in graphics running on the CPU). That's probably more true now than it ever has been in the past because games tend to be more GPU intensive these days. I'm even tempted to say that buying a top end CPU for a new build now is kind of pointless. I don't think there's a game out there that would push a 13nth gen i9 even close to it's limit for CPU related tasks in a video game, but it still wouldn't run a modern game on it's own.

Before I make my next response, there's something I want to point out to @Aries and the staff. This thread here is clearly active and being used, so why was Alex Wright allowed to the thread/article entitled "Intel vs AMD: The Gaming Battle in 2023 - Unraveling the Performance Showdown", so a thread about the exact same thing, right on top of it? If this was a dead thread, it wouldn't bother me, but the last post on the forum before Alex posted his article was on this very thread! Sorry, but that is really not cool.

Anyway, with that out of the way...

No. I'm talking about Intel Arc and AMD Radeon RX. AMD is kinda better

I apologise, for some reason I assumed you were talking about CPU's. I started doing my own research to find good cards from Intel and AMD to compare.

One thing I have learned is that some of these tech' YouTubers, whilst very knowledgeable on the subject matter, have no common sense. The first video I found was a guy (I won't say who) putting the Intel Arc A770 up against an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT. I mean, come on! The 7900 costs more than twice as much as the 770, of course the AMD is going to win! These two GPU's fight in a different weight class, so that comparison helps nobody.

Anyway, I eventually found this video from Ancient Gameplays with a far more sensible match up putting the aforementioned 770 up against the Nvidia RTX 3060 and RX 6700 XT. And the results, well, let's just say Intel has some catching up to do.

I'm gonna ignore everyone in this thread right now, and go straight to my point.

AMD is a graphics chip maker, nothing more, and nothing less.
Nvidia is a graphics chip maker, nothing more, and nothing less.
Intel is a CPU chip maker. It wants to expand into graphics, but the thing is, that's not their expertise.
Intel is marketed mainly to enterprise, corporate users. Those computers at your work? It's usually an Intel computer.

We good so far? Good.

Now, AMD's GPU's are not technically designed for graphics applications, it's mainly designed for laptops/tablets/gaming handhelds. BUT... the desktop chips are designed to be working in TADEM with your AMD graphics card.

Now, I'm not entirely sure about Nvidia because I see them less and less. I see them more of a graphics card manufacturer than anything.

That being said, as of right now, the quality is dwindling for both AMD and Nvidia. More on the Nvidia side, than AMD. I mean who's stupid enough to have this shit...

AMD is a graphics chip maker, nothing more, and nothing less.
From a quick Google search:

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company, known for designing and developing computer processors and graphics technologies. Founded in 1969, the company is based in Santa Clara, Calif., with a significant operation in Austin, Texas.

:cool:

From a quick Google search:

:cool:
Yes... TODAY. Not in 1999. I bought their graphics cards sometimes. They bought ATI, even. AMD is more known for graphics. I remember standing in stores, and seeing ATI on one rack, AMD on the other. In the CPU section its always intel. I see AMD sometimes, but rarely.

Look, I know you're trying to be funny, but I don't appreciate the attempt to "1up."

I'm probably wrong, but that's how I see AMD.

Look, I know you're trying to be funny, but I don't appreciate the attempt to "1up.
I apologize. I meant no offense. And honestly, I thought AMD always made processors. My bad. :(

When deciding between AMD and Intel, it's essential to consider factors such as your budget, specific gaming needs, and the availability of CPUs in your region. Additionally, it's recommended to check the latest benchmarks and reviews for the specific CPUs you are considering, as the performance landscape can change with new product releases.
Personally, Intel suits me perfectly

I apologize. I meant no offense. And honestly, I thought AMD always made processors. My bad. :(

Don't apologise to him. AMD brought thier first CPU to market (The AM 9080 in 1975) only four years after Intel did (The 4Bit 4004 in 1971), both of which pre-date the first dedicated graphics processors that didn't really appear until the 80's, and certainly predate both AMD and Intel's first GPU's. It's not your fault he got his facts wrong. If he feels compelled to cry and be hurt whenever somebody disproves his point, that's on him. You didn't insult him, merely pointed out he was incorrect and nothing more. Frankly, he's the one that needs to grow up.

Last edited:
surely you must take intel because Amd processor's is not good for multitask and pc become very hot if you open a lot of window

Before I make my next response, there's something I want to point out to @Aries and the staff. This thread here is clearly active and being used, so why was Alex Wright allowed to the thread/article entitled "Intel vs AMD: The Gaming Battle in 2023 - Unraveling the Performance Showdown", so a thread about the exact same thing, right on top of it? If this was a dead thread, it wouldn't bother me, but the last post on the forum before Alex posted his article was on this very thread! Sorry, but that is really not cool.

Anyway, with that out of the way...

I apologise, for some reason I assumed you were talking about CPU's. I started doing my own research to find good cards from Intel and AMD to compare.

One thing I have learned is that some of these tech' YouTubers, whilst very knowledgeable on the subject matter, have no common sense. The first video I found was a guy (I won't say who) putting the Intel Arc A770 up against an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT. I mean, come on! The 7900 costs more than twice as much as the 770, of course the AMD is going to win! These two GPU's fight in a different weight class, so that comparison helps nobody.

Anyway, I eventually found this video from Ancient Gameplays with a far more sensible match up putting the aforementioned 770 up against the Nvidia RTX 3060 and RX 6700 XT. And the results, well, let's just say Intel has some catching up to do.

It's super obvious that Intel isn't there yet in graphics cards. No one can argue that. But my main problem is that I can't just find a perfect winner between AMD and Nvidia. One is better than the other in some way. It's kinda a tie for me.

Don't apologise to him. AMD brought thier first CPU to market (The AM 9080 in 1975) only four years after Intel did (The 4Bit 4004 in 1971), both of which pre-date the first dedicated graphics processors that didn't really appear until the 80's, and certainly predate both AMD and Intel's first GPU's. It's not your fault he got his facts wrong. If he feels compelled to cry and be hurt whenever somebody disproves his point, that's on him. You didn't insult him, merely pointed out he was incorrect and nothing more. Frankly, he's the one that needs to grow up.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Thank you, I appreciate the props. :)

It's fine, bro. Don't sweat it. Shagger is just looking for arguments.
Don't apologise to him.
Shut up. Don't stir shit up. Or I will begin reporting you. From here on out. I'm shoving your name into the moderation team. Tired of your shit. Take your shit, and go back to VGR, AND stay there. Don't bring your attitude here.
AMD brought thier first CPU to market (The AM 9080 in 1975) only four years after Intel did (The 4Bit 4004 in 1971), both of which pre-date the first dedicated graphics processors that didn't really appear until the 80's, and certainly predate both AMD and Intel's first GPU's. It's not your fault he got his facts wrong. If he feels compelled to cry and be hurt whenever somebody disproves his point, that's on him. You didn't insult him, merely pointed out he was incorrect and nothing more. Frankly, he's the one that needs to grow up.
Secondly, I never said THEY never released CPU's. Quite on the contrary. And you actually without knowing - knowingly - made me more correct. This is why I know they are known as a graphics card producer.

Good job, punk. Now, GO BACK TO VGR. LEAVE US ALONE.

You are the one that needs to grow up. KID.

I'm gonna say this once: This community is not the place for arguments. This community is not the place where you can just come in and insult people.

Please keep it civil. You can have a debated discussion without the need to be rude to each other. Please refer to our terms and rules to refresh your memory of our forum rules.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back