Amazon - no money, no graphics card

Nat09

Trophies
Hey!
I ordered a new graphics card from Amazon. The package I received contained a completely different graphics card and showed signs of being used with dust on the fans and scratches on the frame. The mailbox was sealed without any signs of tampering, but the box of the video card itself was shipped without any protective film or seals. After that, I left a product review on Amazon and attached photos of the used graphics card. Then I contacted customer support and followed their instructions. They told me to send the graphics card back to Amazon. After receiving the video card, I was told that I would not get the money back because it was a different card. However, I don't have another card, I returned the only card sent to me by Amazon. I was denied a refund and the card I returned was disposed of.
Our family are regular customers of Amazon, last month we purchased goods for a total of $ 23,000, which we paid with one bank card. Of all purchases, we have not returned anything except this video card.
I need your advice

Hmmm, how can you prove any of this? I don't think the Amazon overlords are satisfied with your explanations.

Did you take any pictures? Did you make it clear it was the wrong one? You may need to complain to mangers and their mangers until you get your way.

Have you contacted Amazon? They must keep records and they usually understand any situation, I highly recommend talking to them.

Was Amazon the actual seller? I've never left feedback until I contacted the actual seller and explained the situation. Usually they send out a replacement for free and let me keep the other item. I've never contacted Amazon for a dispute...just the seller and every time it's been resolved.

Hey!
I ordered a new graphics card from Amazon. The package I received contained a completely different graphics card and showed signs of being used with dust on the fans and scratches on the frame. The mailbox was sealed without any signs of tampering, but the box of the video card itself was shipped without any protective film or seals. After that, I left a product review on Amazon and attached photos of the used graphics card. Then I contacted customer support and followed their instructions. They told me to send the graphics card back to Amazon. After receiving the video card, I was told that I would not get the money back because it was a different card. However, I don't have another card, I returned the only card sent to me by Amazon. I was denied a refund and the card I returned was disposed of.
Our family are regular customers of Amazon, last month we purchased goods for a total of $ 23,000, which we paid with one bank card. Of all purchases, we have not returned anything except this video card.
I need your advice
Wow....I'm sorry. I use Amazon all the time and have never had an issue. But as others have said, be careful of third party sellers, and always check reviews.

Wow, I mean just wow, this story is just amazing. Looks like you lucked out with this one since you sent it back, they pulled a sort of Pandoras box with their automated convoluted system,
you get no chicken, and no egg either. ??

I remember reading about stories where people order HDD's from legit Western Digital store on Amazon, but what Amazon ends up sending them are sometimes 2nd hand HDDs, because they are all stored in Amazon warehouses in one shelf or section altogether.

Doesn't matter if it's different sellers, at least that's according to some posts I've read... cannot confirm. ?

I plan on getting my vid card elsewhere. The actual EVGA site has an RTX 3060 XC for $399

I plan on getting my vid card elsewhere. The actual EVGA site has an RTX 3060 XC for $399
nice, that's a pretty cool card, though when I checked the website of EVGA it says $429 ?

pretty beefy price tag. ?

I'm broke. hehe
ah well, I'm also broke, (sort of) even if it IS the season for buying up "cheap" graphics cards. ?

I read this article just yesterday and thought if I should go window shopping for GPU's even without cash lol ?

I'm just going to wait. hehe I do want to get a 5TB external hard drive, and a Sound Blaster Audigy FX :D

5TB external? SSD? no wait... not SSD then. those either don't exist yet or insanely expensive. ?
anyway, with USB 3.0 that'll be bearably fast like SATA HDD internal.

what'd you need a sound card for? are you an audiophile? ?

5TB external? SSD? no wait... not SSD then. those either don't exist yet or insanely expensive. ?
anyway, with USB 3.0 that'll be bearably fast like SATA HDD internal.

what'd you need a sound card for? are you an audiophile? ?
I bought a 2TB SSD for less than $175. lol Yes, HDD. No worries. Just for backups.

I'm using onboard audio, and a sound card will sound better. hehehe

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back