Question Am I the only one who no longer buys games on release?

Buying games on sale later is far smarter, TBH. I rarely buy AAA games on release. But everyone wants the latest hotness right away...

I used to be a gamer, but the last console I owned as a Game Cube, and basically from about 2007ish until around this year I didn't really play games outside of Diablo 3 and League of Legends (I did have a couple of titles on steam, but I didn't really play them much). Since I've come back I've been focusing on more indie and retroesque titles. And I'm a budget gamer, price is a big factor to me. So no, especially for the AAA market.

That being said, there is an indie game that will be released in early access next month I plan on picking up right away. But that game also had a demo I spent almost 20 hours with, so I'm not going into it blindly. I don't think I'd pick up any title at full price blindly.

You're not alone at all. I rarely buy games day one anymore. The last game that I did buy on release was Persona 5 (I waited 7 years for it).
But I wanna add that games like Splatoon 2 (and Animal Crossing/ARMS maybe?) are much more fun in the first 2 years with big events, new weapons/items, stages and shifting meta. It's like a zeitgeist, if you miss it you kinda can't get it.

If it’s something that I really, really want then I will consider picking a game up at release. But I have to really, really want it. I’d like the new Terminator game but not enough to shell out £40+. I’ll hang on for a reasonable discount.

I don't normally get a game on release either. Normally I'll ask for a game as a present when my birthday or Christmas roles around. For example, I wanted Luigi's Mansion 3 for the Nintendo Switch. Instead of buying it on release in October, I waited until Christmas when my hubby bought it for me.

Heads up steam is on sale and I see so many new ages that are on sale also, good time to get your hands on them LOL
A lot of sales on steam are not even worth it to be honest. I mean there does not seem to be much fun in the games. Those games tend to be pretty much basic in the usage and the gameplay. Like some are still selling 8 bit games for like 20 dollar sale? lol.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back