Discussion Admit it, gaming in 2022 kind of sucks

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
No RE8 DLC.
No news about anything.
Never played Ghostwire: Tokyo.
No E3 this June.
No reason to get a PS5 yet.

Yawn. To me, gaming is just... I don't wanna say dead completely. But it's in a dry spell indeed.

I hope your 2022 gaming life is lit, if anything.

Never played that. But glad you like it. :)

Really wish we'd get some update about the DLC for RE8, to keep us in the loop. It will soon be a year since they released that game, and getting DLC a year later seems a bit of a stretch. Although I don't believe that Capcom had originally intended to do any DLC, unlike with RE7. The game was released on 7 May last year, though, so already, the game feels slightly dated.

The DLC for RE7 was supposed to be released 2 months after the base game. This was intended to happen in March of 2017. However, that extra content went through a major delay until December of that year over quality concerns (Capcom's own words). But this DLC for RE8 is probably going to take way longer to come out, as they basically started on it last June, I suppose. But hopefully it will be worth the wait!

Each year's gaming situation really depends on what you're into. As someone who exclusively buys Nintendo hardware, I've got a new Kirby, a Wii Sports sequel, a new Mario Strikers, Splatoon 3, MK8D DLC, a Mario + Rabbids sequel, and Bayonetta 3 to look forward to. Sadly no BotW2, but that's just one game.

It does suck to hear that E3 is canceled this year, but I'm sure there'll be a summer Direct regardless.

Man, Capcom announced this DLC for RE8 about 10 months ago. Nearly a year ago, in fact.

No updates. Nothing about Silent Hill either, except more rumours and all this other bullshit. At this rate, Konami doesn't even care.

The Last of Us is said to be getting an online expansion.

Oh, and even if this doesn't quite count, I also think 2022 is set up to be a cool year for gaming movies. Uncharted was okay (speaking as someone who hasn't played the games), and Sonic 2 was a ton of fun. I'm convinced that the Mario movie will be serviceable at the very least, but the lack of a trailer is a bit concerning. To this day, I can't stop going back to watch Arlo's reaction to the voice cast. ?

I'm looking forward to picking up the new Kirby when I can, but even if the new games weren't available, there's nothing wrong with retro ;). Those games are still playable and still amazing!

No RE8 DLC.
No news about anything.
Never played Ghostwire: Tokyo.
No E3 this June.
No reason to get a PS5 yet.

Yawn. To me, gaming is just... I don't wanna say dead completely. But it's in a dry spell indeed.

I hope your 2022 gaming life is lit, if anything.
Kinda agree with you but I've kept myself busy enough with Elden Ring recently. Had a blast with it. Then moved onto some old school JRPGs and Horizon Zero Dawn (never had a chance to finish it). So I'm taking my time and the opportunity to turn back to some relatively old games without any hussle. At least that is how I look at the bright side of this absence of new games / DLCs. =)

Honestly, for me at least, the years go by highs and lows. I haven't seen a consistently good series of years when it comes to releases. Not a bad thing; sometimes studios swing and miss.

I'm sure that Naughty Dog intends to formally unveil The Last of Us remake soon, as there's plenty of hearsay going about.

I don't agree with you, Some of the good titles are in production like Gotham knights.

I largely disagree as well. Let's give 2022 a fair chance. Elden Ring is a great example of a standout action title that released early in the year. I also thought Pokémon Legends: Arceus and Horizon Forbidden West were joyous experiences. As for future titles, I expect we'll get God of War Ragnarök sometime this year as well which should be spectacular.

I think it's because I don't play games outside of the horror genre. So I think I was reflecting on my own thoughts. :)

Nothing wrong with that, chap. Speaking of Resident Evil, I'm optimistic we'll get the DLC for Resident Evil Village later this year. It's been awhile since we've had a great game in this franchise, but I'm certain this one will be worth the wait!

Yep. News about RE8 has been kept from us for ages.

I have a good feeling things will be picking up in June.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back