Adding more RAM to an Acer Gaming Laptop

Alexander.

Trophies
Random Access Memory is much better shortly known as R.A.M
I'm planning on adding more memory for the processor but I don't know where to start and any help would be much appreciated.

If it helps, I already have 8,000MB however I need more as the performance isn't meeting some of the powerful computer games I've been playing recently

I just don't know how to about taking apart a Acer Gaming Laptop in order to do this

I think adding 8GB RAM is a pretty much needed these days. The reason being you never know how much RAM would be taken by game for some reason. i think these days anything above minimum 8GB is required for many games and often if you are into game dev then that much RAM is also must as well.

I think adding 8GB RAM is a pretty much needed these days. The reason being you never know how much RAM would be taken by game for some reason. i think these days anything above minimum 8GB is required for many games and often if you are into game dev then that much RAM is also must as well.

That seems to also be the case with art - I mean, computer 3D art. I'm into creating it. Anyway, the alternative is that models simply either load badly - or not at all! Gaming? A similar situation would happen.

In future Windows 10 updates may demand more than 8GB RAM. And it can be a better option for the people to use more RAM because games turn out to demand more and more of them. Stadia may work under 8GB I am guessing.

You should run a scan to see what type of RAM you have, and the maximum capacity your motherboard can support.

For taking it apart, I'd recommend trying to find a sticker on your laptop with the model number - and basically search Google for "take apart laptop X".

I think the Lenovo models that I know of support upto 12GB of RAM. Which makes it a bit difficult to buy those laptop RAM with 16GB capacity. And it can get pretty difficult if you want higher amount of RAM. I am going to try this scan out and see if it works out for me in that context to choose RAM.

What video games have you been playing that require more than 8GB of RAM? I have been playing AAA games with 8GB RAM as well and the maximum amount of RAM usage I have noticed was 7GB. You can optimize Windows 10 to use less RAM and also stop some background applications.

I may consider getting new laptop with say like 8GB RAM. And it can be pretty good on that note. You can see that having more RAM at first point is lot more useful in that context.

In future Windows 10 updates may demand more than 8GB RAM. And it can be a better option for the people to use more RAM because games turn out to demand more and more of them. Stadia may work under 8GB I am guessing.
I agree with you and most of the programs asks higher Memory to run their software. The old pc's will get destroyed as the upgrading goes on.

I think by 2020, many programs would require more RAM. And having atleast 8GB at the disposal is how we get the most out of the games and heavy java program.

I think by 2020, many programs would require more RAM. And having atleast 8GB at the disposal is how we get the most out of the games and heavy java program.

Yeah I believe that the requirements for RAM will only go up and up and up as time goes on. I've built my new PC with this in mind by having 2 x 8GB sticks right now so I can hopefully ride out any over the top increase to 16GB as standard anytime soon but I've made sure it's got capacity to go up to 32GB if that is absolutely needed. I hope not though because I can't be bothered spending another £100 on bloody RAM lol.

I don't think we ever reach the 16GB mark by the end of 2025. I think things would change a lot over the period of time in such context. Things would be around 16GB at the most. Not more or not less by that time.

I've been using 8GB for a lot of years now, barely use that. So I think 8 will remain the standard for a good while to come.

But yeah, everyone suggested what you need to upgrade though prying a laptop apart these days is nothing short of an extreme pain.

I think Windows 10 is already demanding minimum 6GB for most of the work. With their new feature of the sandbox virtual screen. I think they would be pushing for the 10GB minimum for the gamers and the developers. So I think RAM requirement may increase based on OS demands.

I think Windows 10 is already demanding minimum 6GB for most of the work. With their new feature of the sandbox virtual screen. I think they would be pushing for the 10GB minimum for the gamers and the developers. So I think RAM requirement may increase based on OS demands.

Using about 5GB myself right now. yeah maybe the basic limit does need to be upped a bit.

I wish that RAM were as cheap as it used to be. I bought a 16 GB kit of DDR3 in 2016 for $61.99. The exact same kit now costs $120, nearly double the price. x_x My machine currently has 16 GB although I would like to have more like 32 GB or even 64 GB.

Using about 5GB myself right now. yeah maybe the basic limit does need to be upped a bit.
I think with changes in the Windows 10 slowly I am sure it'd be forcing us towards the 8GB for sure. And who knows slowly we may unconsciously upgrade for that RAM too. It may not work out same for all though.

You can still get by with 4 GB if you are a basic user. For anything beyond that, 6-8 GB or more is necessary.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back