Adam Schlesinger, "Stacy's Mom" singer, dies at 52 from coronavirus

Nat

Trophies
UPDATE: Adam's attorney, Josh Grier, says Schlesinger died Wednesday as a result from coronavirus complications. He was 52. RIP.

eb15236393f74430b8c47b5871791bdb_md.jpg

Adam Schlesinger -- co-founder of the "Stacy's Mom" band Fountains of Wayne -- is fighting for his life as he battles COVID-19.

Adam's girlfriend tells TMZ ... he's been hospitalized in upstate NY and is currently on a ventilator. She says Adam "has been sedated to facilitate his recovery. He is in critical condition, but his condition is improving slightly and we are cautiously optimistic."

A fan page for the 52-year-old singer's current band, Ivy, claims Adam's been on a ventilator for 2 weeks and is in a medically induced coma. Adam's longtime lawyer, Josh Grier, refuted that ... telling Variety "no one has used the word 'coma' to me."

Adam's GF didn't say it either when we spoke to her.

Adam co-wrote "Stacy's Mom" with Fountains of Wayne lead singer Chris Collingwood. The band dropped the track in 2003 and it peaked at No. 21 on the Billboard Hot 100 -- but the music video, starring Rachel Hunter, etched the song in pop culture.

It's quite a shame people are dying from this on a daily basis. To be honest if they don't find a cure -> which I'm sure they will, then I'm not sure what will become of this pandemic. The elderly and children are mainly the ones I'm worried about. Most parents are going stir crazy at the thought of their child contracting this disease. Quite sad. Hopefully this man is in Heaven. Probably is

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back