ABCNews: Vaping and e-cigarettes may increase risk of serious coronavirus

Nat

Trophies
New data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week warns that young people may be more impacted by COVID-19 than was initially thought, with patients under the age of 45 comprising more than a third of all cases, and one in five of those patients requiring hospitalization.

Although scientists still don’t have good data to explain exactly why some young people are getting very sick from the novel coronavirus, some experts are now saying that the popularity of e-cigarettes and vaping could be making a bad situation even worse.

Public health experts believe that conventional cigarette smokers are likely to have more serious illness if they become infected with COVID-19, according to the World Health Organization. Because vaping can also cause dangerous lung and respiratory problems, experts say it makes sense that the habit could aggravate the symptoms of COVID-19, although they will need longer-term studies to know for sure.

If they didn't mention smoking this would seem like more anti vaping propaganda. I need a smoke. :p

My mum is a chronic smoker. I'm not kidding. We just have to get off a bus or leave a shop, and it's puff, puff, puff. My grandmother died from cancer in 2004 following years of chain smoking. She got blocked arteries too. I've never smoked. I don't like the smell of herbal fags, though.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back