A member of Reopen NC confirms she was an “asymptomatic COVID19 positive patient.”. Answered “No comment.” when asked if she attended last Tues parade

Ana

Trophies
One of the leaders of a group opposing Gov. Roy Cooper’s stay-at-home measures aimed at slowing the coronavirus spread has identified herself as having tested positive for the virus.

Audrey S. Whitlock, who is an administrator on the ReOpen NC Facebook page, posted a message to the group saying she tested positive and that her quarantine period ended on Sunday
“As an asymptomatic COVID19 positive patient (quarantine ends 4/26),” Whitlock posted on Sunday, “another concern I have is the treatment of COVID patients as it relates to other communicable diseases. I have been forced to quarantine in my home for 2 weeks.”

Attempts to reach Whitlock for comment Sunday and Monday were unsuccessful. The News & Observer’s news partner, ABC-11, reported that Whitlock confirmed she tested positive but refused comment when asked whether she attended ReOpen NC’s protests in downtown Raleigh the last two Tuesdays.
In the information Whitlock posted on ReOpen NC’s private Facebook page, she complained that the quarantine violated her civil rights.

“I have been told not to participate in public or private accommodations as requested by the government, and therefore denied my 1st amendment right of freedom of religion,” Whitlock wrote. “If I were an essential employee, I would be denied access to my job by my employer and the government, though compensated, those with other communicable diseases are afforded the right to work. It has been insinuated by others that if I go out, I could be arrested for denying a quarantine order. However, the Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination by employers, places of public accommodation, and state and local government entities. . Where do we draw the line?”

According to the Centers for Disease Control, breaking a state or federal quarantine is a criminal offense.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back