News "84 GB" trends on Twitter as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update is larger than expected for some players

Tek

Trophies
Some Xbox One players of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone were this morning faced with a mammoth 84GB download.

Season 4 of Infinity Ward's shooter kicked off at 7am this morning, and with it came a download the developer had warned would be "large".

The download weighs in at 45GB on PC, 32.375GB on PS4, and 44GB on Xbox One. At least, it's supposed to be 44GB on Xbox One. However, some Xbox One users are having to download twice that size - and as you'd expect the reaction is negative.

This has led to "84GB" trending worldwide on Twitter.

Activision has said it's investigating the issue, so it sounds like this Xbox One download size is an error. However, that won't be of much help to the Call of Duty fans that are already in the middle of the download.

I'm one of the few :( Are you affected by this as well?

People think its big, but I say its small, AAA games will only have bigger and bigger sizes down the line.

Some of the time I feel like some developers are just pure lazy and don't comrpess the file and people end up with the bigger installers and also bigger spread over files after the installation. Which is not a good thing if you ask me. COD developers should pay attention to the increasing size issues.

Luckily, I don't think PS4 players had this problem. But we still suffer from Sony setting up downloads in a weird way where we are required to have double the amount needed. I only have FIFA, MW and Minecraft now because I can't download the updates if I have one more game!

Some of the time I feel like some developers are just pure lazy and don't comrpess the file and people end up with the bigger installers and also bigger spread over files after the installation. Which is not a good thing if you ask me. COD developers should pay attention to the increasing size issues.

Specially if they want people to keep getting their game, I know a data size that big will kill a lot of people's data plans.

I always forget that some people have limits on their usage. I think most people over here in the UK have unlimited because they tend to still be cheap and normal for most plans. Couldn't imagine having a limit o_O

Specially if they want people to keep getting their game, I know a data size that big will kill a lot of people's data plans.
30 GB is a lot for the mobile based gamers, I am sure they are alerady out of it. And don't even bother doing the digital install. Instead they must be using their SSD in other places and then getting it installed. I can't imagine mobile data users who use game boxwould make use of anything above 30GB per month and install these installers.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back