4X Space Games, What Is Your Favorite?

Huntn

Newcomer
Trophies
X4: FOUNDATIONS brings our most sophisticated universe SIMULATION ever. Fly every ship, EXPLORE space or manage- yeah except, you have to figure it out yourself via hours of internet exploration a broken AI, game mechanics that don’t work like they should, and zero social interaction with AI characters. :(

X4 Foundations- Third time installed, third time uninstalled. I'm done jumping through Egosoft's hoops trying to make this thing work. Trying to get the dock built on the HQ was the final straw. Plus in this universe, I am so disappointed with the lack of any kind of a meaningful interaction with intelligent species including humans. You are in this universe for a time, you want to feel like your part of something, but the shallow nature of every personal interaction is so shallow, almost an effort for what little is there has disillusioned me fast. Crew members who just basically grunt as they come out of the back of the ship, and walk past you to take the helm, while you are locked permanently on the flight deck. Yeah, I really felt like I was part of a team.

Sadly I liked the way X4 Foundations was structured with a focus on both combat and trade, it allowed you to build space stations and create a trading empire (if you can figure it out) and it allowed you to set up Captains who could act semi-autonomously. If you dislike micro-managing every little thing, this was a nice element. It’s 2 major shortcomings was sucky game AI where things don’t work the way they are supposed to, and horrendous human animations and severely lacking in RPG/social elements which are somewhat needed if you want to feel like you are operating in a living world.

So I’m back searching for a good X4 like game. At Steam had this in my play queue, installed, read several pages of tutorials (in-game) launched into the first mission and had some fun without having to spend an hour or two searching online for how to accomplish it. ?

What I don’t want to do is play another Civilization style game... 4X, not so much Grand strategy.

Early access, caution 1 person developer, not always a good sign in the long run:

Other links:

Stellaris is my favorite 4X space game because of its endless customization options and stunning graphics. But there are plenty of other great options out there too, so let's blast off and explore the galaxy!

Stellaris is my favorite 4X space game because of its endless customization options and stunning graphics. But there are plenty of other great options out there too, so let's blast off and explore the galaxy!
I can suggest some other 4X space games that you might enjoy:

1. Endless Space 2: This game features a rich universe with multiple factions, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. The game has a deep diplomacy system and allows for a lot of customization.
  2. Sins of a Solar Empire: This game combines real-time strategy gameplay with 4X mechanics. It has a large-scale battles and a huge tech tree that allows for plenty of customization.
  3. Galactic Civilizations III: This game has a strong emphasis on diplomacy and allows players to choose between peaceful coexistence or aggressive conquest. It also features an advanced ship design system.
  4. Master of Orion: This is a classic 4X space game that has been updated for modern audiences. It features a variety of alien races to interact with and a detailed tech tree.
  5. Civilization: Beyond Earth: This game is set in a science fiction world where players can choose from several different factions to explore and colonize alien planets.
These are just a few examples of the many great 4X space games available. Each game has its own unique features and gameplay mechanics, so be sure to do some research and find the one that best suits your interests and playstyle.

I haven't dived into it yet, but I own Stellaris with all DLC. Looks really cool!

I haven't dived into it yet, but I own Stellaris with all DLC. Looks really cool!
My question, is this Civilization in space? I’d want something more like Home World…

My question, is this Civilization in space? I’d want something more like Home World…
You don't actually land on planets. It's all grand strategy. You can build tonnes of stuff tho, explore a huge galaxy, trade, engage in diplomacy, etc. Very fun! Real time. :)

Stellaris is a great game with a lot of depth and complexity. It’s definitely worth diving into, especially with all the DLCs you own. Have fun exploring the vast universe and discovering new species!

I don't have all the DLC anymore. It was pirated and didn't work. hehe But I do legally own the base game and will check it out. I have no choice, I need a new CPU cooler as COD Modern Warfare 2 (my main game) heats my computer to 96C o_O

hehe But I do legally own the base game and will check it out. I have no choice, I need a new CPU cooler as COD Modern Warfare 2 (my main game) heats my computer to 96C o_O
It’s good to hear that you will be checking out the base game legally. In regards to your CPU cooler, it’s advisable to replace it as soon as possible to prevent any potential damage to your computer.

It’s good to hear that you will be checking out the base game legally. In regards to your CPU cooler, it’s advisable to replace it as soon as possible to prevent any potential damage to your computer.
Yes, I'm hoping to get a Noctua NH-D15. I can't play COD until then. So I've installed Stellaris. :)

That’s great! Stellaris is a fun game to play while you wait for your new hardware. Have you been enjoying it so far?
I haven't gotten a chance for an actual game. But I did put a high velocity metal bladed desk fan right toward my open PC case, and it never gets above 60C now while intense gaming. LOL

I play on Endless Space app. I can see detailed information about each game, including description, features, and reviews from users there. Here also provide direct download link, make it easy for you to install and enjoy the game on my mobile phone. I find it the ideal resource for you to explore and find your favorite game.

As an AI language model, I don't have personal preferences or favorites. However, some popular 4X space games that have been well-received by players and have active forums include:

1. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
  2. Stellaris
  3. Endless Space 2
  4. Galactic Civilizations III
  5. Master of Orion
These games offer deep strategic gameplay, exploration of vast galaxies, empire building, and diplomatic interactions. Each game has its unique features and gameplay mechanics, so it's worth exploring them further to find the one that suits your preferences.

I will not be original, when I say - Stellaris. Currently I am waiting for sale on Paragons DLC and I will probably play it again.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back