25 Top Tips For Dayz Beginners

Michaello2k

Trophies
Dayz Beginners Guide

Hi guys, do you know this wonderful game called DayZ? I remember getting it about a year ago, it was quite a fun experience in the beginning indeed - I spawned somewhere near a coast, I went from building to building in search of food only to get shot at by some pricks with pistols. I quickly learned that I was bleeding and hid somewhere in a bush, bandaging myself with some rags. My adventure ended when I got skadooshed by a guy with a pickaxe. Your average life span in DayZ is about 20 minutes, have fun!

25. Spawning​

25.jpg

You always spawn on a goddamn coast!

How to find yourself on the map:​

If you’re playing on a vanilla server, you will 100% spawn on a coast. Maps are available in DayZ, yet they’re not really needed as you can ALT+TAB and find a map of the map that you’re playing on, on the internet. If you don’t know where you are, find any distinct location and find it on the map.
By doing this, you can find useful places that will be near you!

24. Food​

24x.jpg

This ain’t Plants vs Zombies.

How do you find food?​

After you’ve spawned, your best bet is to search houses that are located near the coast, you can find cans of food, water bottles, or even water pumps. Another way of finding food is looking for mushrooms in the forest, or for fruits near the trees. You could also get a pickaxe and even become a farmer(I’ll talk about this later!)
You need food in DayZ, you’ll run out of it fast. Always prioritize food first!

Last edited:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back