Question Tokyo Game Show 2020: What are you most excited see?

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
It begins on 23 September (Wednesday) and ends on 27 September (Sunday). ;)

God! Please have the new Silent Hill being shown off at long last, Konami.

That's all I care about... besides whatever Capcom has planned for Resident Evil Village. :D

So, Konami. You have to show us something about Silent Hill either today or tomorrow, or a lot of your fans could end up as ex-fans. If you didn't know people, it's already the 26th in Edinburgh. A lot of you are likely from the United States, so it's still Friday night in America.

Anyway, it was cool that we got to learn that Resident Evil Village may be heading to the PS4 and the Xbox One as well. However, the new gameplay Capcom showed off basically consisted of a few seconds of Ethan Winters exploring the first room in the castle. At least I think it is the first room. It gave me vibes of the first game, as if Capcom kind of knows what the series should be, but they're not quite there yet. Even Revelations 2 and Vendetta had what looked like replica mansions. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll even get to see his face clearly. That's too bad.

Although it's still early days. No release date was giving. I reckon it will be coming out in June 2021 or something to that effect, because of the COVID-19 situation holding things back. It wouldn't at all surprise me if it was going to receive a slight delay because of how difficult these times are for all of us.

Seem to be a let down, I didn't hear much or much was really shown off new at least.

Well, I want the franchise to return in a way that makes sense. I would settle for another mediocre one, just so we get something at all. Licensing characters for non canonical crap just isn't going to cut it. But I suppose the franchise was never that huge to begin with. Critical praise is important, and the series more or less peaked in 2001, but you also need that commercial viability. I'm not sure how they could incorporate that, because most of the big selling video games are way too action oriented. That's just how it is in the market today.

When the games went Hollywood after 2006, I realise some of the magic was lost. It's like when Shinji Mikami left Capcom in 2005. But I would have still purchased new Silent Hill games over the past 8 years, had there been any released. Even the bad ones still boasted of having a good enough storyline.

With Mikami gone, Capcom slowly ruined the Resident Evil series, but it's still a franchise I love too much to abandon. Similarly, Team Silent leaving Konami was what ultimately lead to a decline in quality, as the gameplay for example ended up so clunky.

Team Silent would have to return to make the series recapture the splendor it once had. Or we would just get something lame once more. Although as I pointed out, 9 million versus 110 million with Capcom's franchise is like trying to fill in an abyss. Konami likely knows that.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back