Discussion 2020 really has sucked...

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Does anybody think this year has been any good? For me: Nope. I hate 2020 so God damned much. Maybe the arrival of the new Xbox console and PS5 will be the shining light we so desperately need in these trying times, but too bad they threw that at us at the ass end of the year...

Mostly, this year has been defined by our biggest threat to date, Corona, mind you, but I think this has been a shitty time period regardless. Like summing it up just in general, I can't say anything positive about 2020 as a year. Well, I did not like 2002 to 2009 that much, or 2010 to 2019 either. If I have to be honest, those were among the most stressful years I had to endure, personally.

My own lawyer has been a dick as of late. Between trying to set me up one week there to suit himself, to not paying attention to what I say to him, I don't feel happy that he's my only back up here. He said to me, that I wouldn't win a slander case against these film production people because of my history. Already, I feel like he is having me discredited, and I know he has no faith in me as a client. To be honest, after I was shafted 2 years ago in Livingston and had to do time in HMP Addiewell, which even other inmates and officers thought was dumb, I didn't even want him as a lawyer from that point forward anymore. When I contacted other legal firms after that, they said it was better to stick with him as he knows the case with the autism care staff, and hereby, no-one else would know of the ins and outs of what happened, and even my mother keeps saying I should keep him, if only for this upcoming hurdle. But what worries me is that he does not say a thing in court that goes well with me. Just very basic stuff. And he implies he can sort that other drag out, after the initial case is done and dusted. That does not sound right to me. That sounds almost screwy. Like he's saying, "Wait your turn".

Yeah, I know you need a degree of proof when you want to challenge something petty, but it's like, he does not even bother saying anything about what the opposition did to begin with. Nothing informative or relevant at all. So to me, he's like an accident waiting to happen.

I'm writing up letters on Google Documents for to raise small claims cases shortly, regarding the autism support people, the film people, and the sheriff who was also responsible for my rent arrears getting so high. My lawyer said that's a breach of bail if you attempt to sue someone as a case for something else is still pending. The hell is he smoking? That's not a breach of anything. That's classed as being a counter dispute. Which as a defendant, you're allowed to take up if you have a case to put across.

Anyway... I am putting in that Patrick guy too, since he sent me these emails years ago, and so it's not right to single out names if, collectively, there was more than one culprit behind the hassle. So I decided to lump it as the one case, rather than a multitude of individual cases that you have a small fee prepared to pay for the case going ahead anyway. So it would make sense to combine everything. What's practical? It's the same crap either way.

My sister is supposed to reach out to her eldest lad by letter. Only once annually is this not disallowed, I think. Although she opted not to take the scraps thrown her way. I'm sure she views that as an insult, since it's not spending time with him. Social workers read people's letters for their own approval, so what can you add to them that's confidential, and a mother to son kind of thing? She knows nothing about his schooling or life overall, so there's nothing to put across. Nobody notifies her of his situation, and this has been the reality since 2013. So writing a letter and not knowing what to say is pointless. But then it's like my nephew has gotten penalised by his own Ma. He won't know the reasons behind anything if he requests contact, no matter how veiled, and she refuses. Too bad my sister's ex is a slob, and his family got the parental responsibility, so to speak. But avoid dealing with anybody from the Midlothian council. They're always 'at the ham', as the saying goes.

I hope your 2020 didn't suck curdled smegma balls too, but it probably has, knowing our luck...

I've enjoyed 2020 so far. Me and my g/f are shut ins anyway, so having to stay home has not affected us.

It's almost the end of the year, I hope things turn around for you!

You mean the consoles that are in short supply? :p

But yeah, this year has sucked for many, worse and far worse for others. I like to say next year will be better, but we're looking at a few years before things truly start to turn around for everyone.

I think 2020 is only as bad as we make it. For me, this has been the most productive months of my entire life. Unless you are in seriously tough circumstances, you have ample time now to look at your life and see if the direction you are heading is really where you want to go.

If 2020 has shown us anything at all, it's that anything and everything can always change. The only question left is if you aren't heading in the direction you want to be, what are you going to change NOW so that you will get onto the right path?

2020 has been a real mess really. Even if we forget Coronavirus for a second, there were some awful events that took place.

the election is screwed either way really.
I'm not going to vote. Trump will probably win though because he's convinced Americans that he alone was responsible for the first round of stimulus checks. *sighs

I'm not going to vote. Trump will probably win though because he's convinced Americans that he alone was responsible for the first round of stimulus checks. *sighs

his stunt this past weekend easily angered 40,000 and a lot more Americans.

What's he done now?

Simple time line:

Trump got covid, went to hospital, left hospital early for a ride around said hospital infecting everyone inside his car, soon return to the white house and resumes his duties without mask while still infected while praising there is nothing to fear about coivd.

This is a message from the alleged sister (or at least a relation of some kind) of Rub, which was sent to me on Facebook.

I’m sorry but I think you have the wrong information, I know james, he’s a grown man and would definitely not do any of the things you have mentioned. Maybe someone is using his identity? I’m sorry someone is harassing you, but it’s definitely not james.

I didn't provide proof, because she would probably still think it wasn't him who was stalking me, abusing me, and such.

Grown "men" can still do bad things, right? ;)

Simple time line:

Trump got covid, went to hospital, left hospital early for a ride around said hospital infecting everyone inside his car, soon return to the white house and resumes his duties without mask while still infected while praising there is nothing to fear about coivd.
Stupid Trump. Hopefully he won't get re-elected.

For me personally it has not been a bad year. So far my job is not under threat so Ok there. I've had a health issue that I've not been able to see a Dr about but that is now slowly being investigated.

My kids came back from uni and stayed at home for about 6 months so it was very nice to have them here and because we've been limited in what we can do, have a lot of savings.

I know though that this has been a tough year for many.

I'm sorry to hear 2020 has been awful to you. I hope things do get better for you, it's always good to reflect on things and try to stay positive. I know things haven't been great this year due on-going pandemic but things should look up soon I hope. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back