1080p vs 4K Gaming - Is gaming at 4K worth it?

Gopnik

Trophies
The gamers that have moved from 1080P to 4K - how is the experience compared to the lower resolution? Do you think a simple man can notice the difference between both without knowing what to look for and do you think it's worth it to move to a 4K monitor?

Well, I don't have the luck to be playing on that high resolution. Sure, it's much better with much more details and everything looking much better overall. But for me at this moment 1080P gaming is just enough. Maybe in the future when it becomes cheaper I might switch to a 4K monitor.

I can definitely notice the difference between 1080 and 4K display. Every detail is more precise and the picture looks better overall. 4K adds a lot more depth and pixels into the content your watching.

It depends on your purpose for gaming. If you want the absolute best visuals possible, then it's a no-brainer that you should game at 4K. If you want the best performance possible, then 1080p or even 1440p is a far better option.

I personally think that HD and 4K streaming is a luxury and not necessity. I mean why would anyone want to do that when the data is pricey in some parts of the world. Also very few nations can handle this.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back