10 Most Popular LoL Roles You Need To Understand

Rat

Trophies
roles2.png

So you think you know everything. From placing wards in the correct spot to throwing out left hooks like it was nothing. Well, let me help you out and teach you about the roles in League of Legends. You might think that there are only the standard 5 roles but oh no you’d be mistaken for that one.

There are also champion roles on what they should do. And you should learn those roles before picking up a champion to play. Today I will explain the basic 5 roles in League of Legends and add 5 main champion roles to the equation as well. So shall we get into the list?

10. ADC

“Playing this role gave me depression.” (video by ProGuides Challenger League of Legends Guides)
Let’s start this article off with the most depressing role in the existence and that’s the ADC role. Why is it so depressing playing this role? Well, because you get killed by literally anything. Nothing can save you from your imminent death and impending doom.

Yeah on paper this role is great for doing damage from a distance but what’s that good when every other champion released has some kind of gap closers or a dash in their kit. Of course, you’ll do fine if you play ADCs that are impossible to kill or impossible to catch or play some kind of meta ADC champions.

That’s the only way to get out of that mess. But on a real note, the ADC role is great if you get ahead or start snowballing early allowing you to help out your teammates in need.

ADC responsibilities:

• Doing damage from afar.
  • The only threat to you is the assassins.
  • Pushing towers.
  • Doing an insane amount of damage.

9. Support

“The most chill role in existence!” (video by ProGuides Challenger League of Legends Guides)

Ah yes the role that’s meant to protect the ADC but fails at that because ADCs are so fragile and no amount of help could save them. When it comes to playing the support role your main job is to protect your team and make sure that they stay alive as long as possible during the team fight.

There are a lot of different champions for the support role that you could play. They range from tank supports to burst mages. Yes, you could potentially be that kind of “support” and help out your team as much as possible by doing as much damage as possible.

You won’t be liked by a lot of people but at least you’ll be doing what you love to do. And that’s not playing the role you were assigned to play. I also love playing this role from time to time especially when I don’t feel like doing anything or carrying people.

Support responsibilities:

• Protecting your team and making sure nobody flanks you during a team fight.
  • Placing wards and having vision over the enemy team.
  • Healing your team or taking damage if you’re a tank champion.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back