10 Beginner Tips for Pokemon Legends: Arceus

pokemon-legends-arceus-tips.jpg

Pokemon Legends: Arceus has an unusual premise. The trailers may lead gamers to believe it is just a game set in a previous era of the Pokemon universe. It's either a time-traveling game or a multiverse game. This isn't a spoiler because it's explained right at the start.

After waking up in a vacuum, players are confronted with a luminous body. This form is the titular Arceus, who Pokemon aficionados will recognise. Then everything goes black, and the gamers find themselves on a beach. Laventon, a new Pokemon Professor, greets them. He's just as astonished as the other gamers to witness someone fall from the sky. Why did they travel back in time? That question will be answered at the end, but first let's take a step back. It's time to learn some Pokemon Legends: Arceus beginner tips.

1. Carry A Supply Of Pokeballs​

For many gamers, Pokemon Legends: Arceus represents a significant increase in complexity, yet it's a welcome addition to the Pokemon franchise. While some players may need some time to acclimatise to the more intensive Pokemon-catching experience, it adds a lot of entertainment value to the franchise. Catching a Pokemon is no longer a foregone conclusion, and even some of the lower-tier Pokemon can be difficult to capture.

There are also a lot of Alpha Pokemon to capture, as well as a lot of Shiny versions for those that seek hard enough. Because Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus may be very obstinate, players must keep a constant supply of Pokeballs and their variations on hand. Nothing is more frustrating than having to abandon a hunt because a player only had a few Pokeballs when they began looking for a certain target.

2. Follow The Quests Until You Get Wyrdeer​

Pokemon Legends: Arceus might have a delayed start due to several tutorial assignments. After then, the player has complete control over the Sinnoh area. Although it may be tempting to go out and explore immediately away, it is recommended that you wait. Prior to receiving their first ride, Wyrdeer, players should concentrate on the tale quests. It should just take a few of hours to complete this task. This will allow gamers to explore more rapidly, minimising the amount of time spent retracing.

3. Locate and Collect Player Satchels​

Strange emblems will appear on players' maps during their Pokemon Legends: Arceus journey. When players are linked to the online element of the game, these symbols will appear at random, marking an area where another player may have "died" while hunting Pokemon. Players will be rewarded for picking up a player's fallen satchel if they travel to this place and do so. Not only will the player receive the stuff they returned, but he or she will also receive Merit Points for turning in the satchel. These points may then be exchanged for items at a specific NPC in town, allowing players to buy items that they would otherwise have to grind for.

4. Gather Resources To Craft Items​

In Pokemon Legends: Arceus, there are a number of trees to shake, mineral deposits to slap, and flowers to harvest. Gathering resources may seem boring, but it is vital. Even if the inventory is in the hundreds, never pass up the opportunity to obtain more stuff. The more resources a player has, the more they can create.

If gamers believe they are knowledgeable about objects, they can sell them. A constructed item will provide players more money than a stack of ingredients. Also, make sure to empty the pockets when you get back to camp so they don't lose out on stuff on the next exploration excursion.

5. Take On All Quests​

Players will not be treated to an outstanding side narrative in any of the game's quests. They are, nevertheless, simple, and each one should be accepted. The benefits will be well worth the effort. Even if the players don't intend to finish them all, do this. It's a good idea to keep them on hand as a backup in case the Pokemon or item an NPC is seeking for appears. As a general rule, chat to everyone in town before going out for the first time. Players should learn something from these initial requests.

6. Water And Fire Pokemon Are Easy To Get​

Which of the three starts is the greatest to go with? It's a difficult choice, but it's ultimately up to the players. Some players may be curious in the varieties of Pokemon that may be found in the game's first few places. This might influence the decision-making process.

Players can catch a Ponyta and a Buizel in the first region, for example, before crossing the bridge. Both Pokemon are excellent in their respective elemental roles. It's difficult to come across a Grass-Type Pokemon early on. Chimchar and Psyduck may be be caught across the bridge. Is Rowlet, therefore, the best option? Yes, if players prefer a well-balanced initial set of Pokemon, however this isn't a universal advice.

7. Catch Pokemon Without Battling​

Arceus brings a completely new technique to catch Pokemon in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. To catch them, players do not need to engage in a combat. They are allowed to run up and throw a Poke Ball, crossing their fingers that it will work. Players may have a higher chance of capturing a Pokemon if they hide in the grass and catch it off guard. Players can also begin a preventative attack by throwing a Pokemon towards another Pokemon from behind. In battle, this offers players an advantage in terms of quickness. Both capture techniques are useful, but capturing earns players more money.

8. Spend Your Money On Moves​

In Pokemon Legends: Arceus, there are several businesses and locations where you may spend your money on various products. The Move master in town is the greatest spot to spend it all. Each Pokemon has a limited number of unique moves that it can learn. Shinx has a great set to buy, allowing it to be a well-rounded Pokemon. To begin, transform into Luxio. Take it to town after it reaches that stage to purchase some new moves. On its Bite attack, it can learn fire and ice variations. False Swipe is a skill that most starters can learn, so make sure to get it for at least one Pokemon.

9. Teach False Swipe To A Pokemon​

This is a common advice that applies to all Pokemon games, and it's just as applicable in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Some Pokemon may be a real pain to capture, and they always seem to spring out of their Pokeballs no matter what. To catch these exceptionally obstinate monsters, players must exhaust them as much as possible by depleting their HP and imposing any status conditions they may have (like Sleep).

However, keeping a Pokemon's health low without completely eliminating it might be challenging. That's why False Swipe comes in handy. No matter how many times it is struck, the move will always leave a Pokemon with at least 1 HP remaining.

10. Don't Rely On Elemental Weakness​

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is the most difficult game in the series in a long time. The most common recommendation offered to players in the main games is to rely on their beginning Pokemon. That isn't going to fly in this town. Taking advantage of elemental flaws will only go players so far. This is a fight game that requires a lot of grinding since the opponent Pokemon attack back harder than before. Make sure you have lots of potions and revives on hand when exploring. Fast Travel is a possibility, but it will start to feel like a waste of time if you have to go back to heal every time.

I’m yet to play this new Pokémon game. I have to dig out my Switch, it’s been a while. I’m a fan of all the Pokémon games. Hope this one is just as good.

I’m yet to play this new Pokémon game and collecting mega charizard ex card. I have to dig out my Switch, it’s been a while. I’m a fan of all the Pokémon games. Hope this one is just as good.
If you want to get every Pokedex entry to research level 10, don't be in a hurry to evolve things. I accidentally evolved my Cherubi at lv. 9 and it took a long time to locate someone else to do that last vexing research work.

Also, don't just stay out along the edge during distortions. That was something I did for a while so I could run if I became overwhelmed. Deeper in, the rare, distortion-only thing spawns.

Last edited:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back