“A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever.”

Kaynil

Newcomer
Trophies
For the longest time, this was a quote that was brought up often. It was coined by Shigeru Miyamoto. According to legend, it goes back to the Nintendo64 era when they had to delay Ocarina of Time.

delaye11.png

As Shigeru Miyamoto clarifies years later with the JWittz's channel in an interview about Star Fox Zero. He didn't mean to imply every bad game is bad, just that if you release a game in a bad state, you will always regret it.

However as time goes on, do you guys still feel like this quote rings true?

We have games that start badly, but now you can have day-one patches and DLC that might help lift a game enough to be pass from bad to good.
Are there any games you know like this?

This should be posted at every game company, there has been too many bad rushed games of late.

Well, I guess this is why The Last of Us Part II has been delayed, but oh man. Nobody really likes all this waiting. :cry:

WWE 2K20 is an absolute buggy disaster, by the way. :sick:

Well, I guess this is why The Last of Us Part II has been delayed, but oh man. Nobody really likes all this waiting. :cry:

WWE 2K20 is an absolute buggy disaster, by the way. :sick:

Game companies should also learn not to announce till they know the date is rock soild.

I think the issue is that they are desperate for release and also want to open up for support to new hardware and also add DLC with microtransaction. Which is not easy.

I'm just glad that Naughty Dog is doing this. I think Capcom made a huge blunder with RE7. We had to wait nearly a year for the full game. ?

I think the issue is that they are desperate for release and also want to open up for support to new hardware and also add DLC with microtransaction. Which is not easy.

doesn't help that game development takes so long these days, I imagine it puts a strain on the budget when you're making but not money is coming in.

I agree. And the thing is that keeping things always in development does not lead to the better outcome either.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back