The 11 minute review video hints at another respawn mode called Plunder. Here’s a TL;DR recap of the video:
- Warzone is a free-to-play battle royale.
- Cross-platform play is supported by Warzone.
- The battle royale features a “massive” map with unique, “custom designed” buildings.
- Warzone offers solos, duos and trios matches.
- The mode is a 150-player battle royale, and is aiming for 200 players.
- You have to buy Killstreaks from special stations; they cannot be earned.
- You also need to buy respawn tokens to revive killed teammates.
- The rumoured Gulag can also be used to return to the game. It’s a 1v1 mode that is spectated by those who’ve been killed in the larger battle royale. Spectators can also throw rocks at those fighting.
- Old CoD map elements are on the map alongside new points of interest.
- Vehicles are present in Warzone, including helicopters.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare‘s Warzone mode can be expected sometime this week, on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.